I only read about four picture books last year, and I’d like to read a whole lot more this year. Not only to my kids, but also to my grandkids. So I’m definitely joining Bea’s Book Nook for this year’s challenge.
The Goal: Read picture books! You pick the amount to aim for.
The Rules: Challenge runs from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. Books you own, library books, ebooks and re-reads all count.
I think I’ll shoot for 10 picture books to start.
1. There’s No Such Thing as a Dragon by Jack Kent
2. I Love You with All My Heart by Noris Kern
3. Mr. Tiger Goes Wild by Peter Brown
4. The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore by William Joyce
5. One Magical Day by Claire Freedman
6. Robin Hood by Disney
7. Heaven’s Having You by Giles Andreae and Vanessa Cabban
8. One-Dog Canoe by Mary Casanova
9. There Was an Odd Princess Who Swallowed a Pea by Jennifer Ward
10. The Cats in Krasinski Square by Karen Hesse
11. If You See a Kitten by John Butler
12. Where’s My Teddy? by Jez Alborough
13. Christmas Cricket by Eve Bunting
14. Hi, Koo! A Year of Seasons by Jon J Muth
15. The Secret Life of Squirrels by Nancy Rose
16. Some Dog! by Mary Casanova
17. Madeline and the Cats of Rome by John Bemelmans Marciano
18. Queen on Wednesday by Gabi Swiatkowska (wasn’t a fan of this one)
19. Widget and the Puppy by Lyn Rossiter McFarland
20. Hands and Hearts by Donna Jo Napoli
21. Henry Bear’s Park by David McPhail
22. Tiptop Cat by C. Roger Mader
23. The Fox With Cold Feet by Bill Singer
24. When I Was Young In the Mountains by Cynthia Rylant
25. Kitties’ Purr-fect Caper by Gary Poole
26. Red Ted and the Lost Things by Michael Rosen